*** Please note that our foundation classes are just introductory trainings, NOT a full technical training. ***
Security teams can’t detect and stop active attacks quickly. Even though they’ve deployed countless security tools, they lack the enterprise-wide visibility and deep analytics needed to find threats. These siloed tools generate endless alerts and force analysts to pivot from console to console to verify threats, resulting in missed attacks and incomplete investigations. Faced with a shortage of cybersecurity professionals, teams must simplify operations.
Cortex XDR™ defines the new category for extended detection and response that integrates endpoint, network, and cloud data to stop sophisticated attacks. As the market’s first and leading XDR category product, Cortex XDR unifies prevention, detection, investigation, and response in one platform for unrivaled security and operational efficiency.
XDR stitches together data from the endpoint, network, and cloud in a robust data lake. Applying advanced machine learning and analytics, it identifies threats and benign events with superior accuracy and gives analysts contextualized information, simplifying and accelerating investigations.
Course Overview and Objectives
This course is intended to provide an understanding of Palo Alto Networks Cortex XDR.
During this course, students will be able to:
- Understand the difference between traditional anti-virus and Advanced Endpoint Protection solutions
- Explore the difference between machine learning prevention and traditional signature- based detection.
- Explore the unique features of Cortex XDR
- Total endpoint control through a policy-based cloud architecture
- Unified Incident Response capabilities and built-in workflow
- Incorporate your existing Palo Alto Networks Deployment
- Leverage Cortex Data Lake for a single point of log forwarding
- Feed data from firewalls and endpoints alike for maximum security coverage
Scope and Target Audience
- Course level: Introductory
- Course duration: 4 Hours
- Course format: Combines lecture with instructor-led demos
- Platform supported: Palo Alto Networks Cortex XDR
- Security Engineers
- Security managers
- Security administrators
There are no prerequisites for this class.
This class is comprised of the following modules:
- Emerging Challenges in Security Operations
- Use Case: Endpoint Protection
- Use Case: Threat Detection
- Use Case: Investigation & Response
- Use Case: Managed Threat Hunting
- Use Case: Managed Detection & Response
- CORTEX XDR Demo