** Please note that our foundation classes are just introductory trainings, NOT a full technical training. ***
Your network has expanded beyond your organization's boundaries. The old way that assumes a trusted network protected by the network perimeter and an untrusted network outside the perimeter just will not work anymore. As modern organizations adopt mobile and cloud technologies, the perimeter is becoming increasingly difficult to enforce. To a large degree people are the new perimeter and Identity must become the foundation of your security strategy.
That strategy must be one based on the idea of Zero-Trust and connect everything. That is where Okta comes into play. We can give people access to just the applications and services they need under certain context.
Okta provides a very robust identity access management system with advanced multiple factor authentication options (MFA) and policy-based access.
Course Overview and Objectives
This course is intended to provide an understanding of Okta Identity Cloud and Workforce Identity.
Upon completion of this course, students will be able to:
- Explain the features and advantages of Okta.
- Next steps will highlight how to setup a basic Okta tenant.
- Utilize Okta with cloud-based applications and network devices for authentication as well as MFA for administrative management and user access.
Course level: Introductory
Course duration: 1 Day
Course format: Combines lecture with instructor-led demos
Platform supported: Okta as well as other applications for integration purposes
This course is designed for students that have a thorough understanding of networking technologies and security concepts and some experience with Okta.
This class is comprised of seven modules focusing on an overview of Okta’s Identity and Access Management features, as well as the features and benefits of Workforce Identity which includes user Lifecycle management.
- Module 1: Identity and Access Management with Okta: An Introduction to Workforce Identity and why is it important as the cornerstone of Zero Trust
- Module 2: Manage Okta users and Universal Directory
- Module 3: Manage application SSO
- Module 4: Implement MFA
- Module 5: Office 365 with Okta
- Module 6: Automate Lifecycle Management
- Module 7: Integrating Okta with VPN and Next Generation Firewalls technologies
- Module 8: Navigating Okta support and Next Steps