PLEASE NOTE: This course was formerly named Palo Alto Networks Foundations of Next Generation Firewalls (EDU-150).
** Our foundation classes are just introductory trainings, NOT a full technical training.
Your network has expanded beyond your organization\'s boundaries. Cloud locations and remote users (often using personal devices) have \"distributed\" the surface you need to both enable and protect.
At the same time, the motivations of attackers and their sophistication have continued to evolve.
Palo Alto Networks' next-generation firewalls are all based on a consistent Single-Pass Architecture, enabling security capability that is unique in the industry. This architecture is implemented in a portfolio of both physical and virtual appliances, designed to cover a range of performance and use case requirements.
Features and management are consistent across the portfolio. Integration with GlobalProtect™ mobile security service extends policy-based security to mobile devices (whether on-premises or remote). Integration with our threat intelligence services keeps information up to date for the firewall (e.g., URL categories, threat signatures). WildFire™ cloud-based malware analysis environment integration supports a rapid \"feedback loop\" that enables the firewall to stop advanced threats throughout the attack lifecycle.
Course Overview and Objectives
This course is intended to provide an understanding of Palo Alto Networks Next-Generation firewall technologies enable the student to perform a basic installation of Palo Alto Networks Next-Generation firewalls.
Upon completion of this course, students will be able to:
- Explain the features and advantages of the Palo Alto Networks next-generation firewall architecture
- Understand the capabilities of App-ID, Content-ID, and User-ID
- Perform the basic configuration of the firewall including:
- Interfaces and virtual routers
- NAT Policies
- Security zones
- Security policies
- Content security profiles
- View logs and basic reports
Scope and Target Audience
- Course level: Introductory
- Course duration: 1 Day
- Course format: Combines lecture with hands-on labs
- Platform supported: All Palo Alto Networks next-generation firewall models
- Security Engineers
- Network Engineers
- Support staff
This course is designed for students that have a thorough understanding of networking technologies and security concepts but are new to Palo Alto Networks next generation firewalls. Experience with other security technologies (IPS, proxy, and content filtering) is a plus.
This class is comprised of seven modules focusing on a very basic overview of the Palo Alto Networks Next Generation Firewall.
- Module 0: Introduction
- Module 1: Platforms & Architecture
- Module 2: Getting Started
- Module 3: Basic Administration
- Module 4: Connectivity
- Module 5: Security
- Module 6: Logging & Reporting